List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] KDE/kdebase/pics/wallpapers
From:       Andy Fawcett <andy () athame ! co ! uk>
Date:       2005-08-31 20:28:03

On Wednesday 31 August 2005 00:13, Scott Wheeler wrote:> On Tuesday 30 August 2005 \
22:03, Andy Fawcett wrote:> > There was some discussion (but no consensus) about \
removal of some> > graphics on the kde-devel list, Subject: KDE Kleanup, but as far \
as> > I can see that just referred to tiles.> >> > However, my comment in that thread \
about> >> > "One thing to consider is that some people may be using some of> > these \
tiles for their desktop background. It would be a shame to> > surprise them by \
removing them, so maybe they can be moved to a> > different module (maybe even a new \
one) so they can still be> > distributed."> >> > is still valid in the context of \
today's commits.> >> > So, within 8 minutes of the file being removed, the change \
has> > already annoyed one user (Lukáš). How many more are going to be> > extremely \
annoyed by this change?>> Well, I think a cleanup is in order, but (a) it should be \
more> comprehensive and (b) should be decided on the kde-artists list and> (c) should \
probably only happen in trunk (i.e. 4.0) to avoid breaking> current configurations. \
I'm not denying that some of the artwork in question are candidates for moving \
elsewhere, but I think your point (c) says it as well as anyone can say it. I think \
they should be left in place for the rest of the 3.x series, and reviewed for 4.0 \
                Andy
-- Andy Fawcett                                     | andy@athame.co.uk               \
| tap@kde.org"In an open world without walls and fences,      | tap@lspace.org  we \
wouldn't need Windows and Gates."  -- anon  | \