List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] KDE/kdelibs/pics/crystalsvg
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2005-08-24 18:59:56

Danny Allen wrote:
> Ragarding the trademark: you misunderstand, I have used the new koffice logo,

OK (my mistake), I wonder about the trademark though (does it indicate
"office") but that isn't your problem.  Also I still wonder why it isn't
on their web page.

> rather than the normal kde logo (which is correct, as this is the koffice
> mine icon).

Still make the point that I don't think that this icon is currently
being used for anything.  I can see where the KOffice icon might have a
use, but not the MIME type.

Perhaps someone knows and can tell us.

> If every single thing that I did needed to be discussed by some slow mailing
> list for days, and by disinterested persons, I wouldn't get anything done.
> So, I use my judgement, discuss potentially controvertial changes with others
> ard wait for your disagreement mail :)

That isn't the way I do things and never will be.  Posting things for
discussion is pipelining.  You get just as much work done but it is just
completed a week or so later.  Kollaboration is there for a reason,
please use it.  I don't say that discussion has to occur.  If you post
RFC to the correct list and nobody says anything in a week, go ahead!  I
take no negative comments as approval.

Your ideas on the KDE Oasis MIME icons would be appreciated.  I don't do
much totally original artwork since I am just a good draftsman -- not an
artist.  So, if you have ideas, please post them to the Kollaboration
thread.

--
JRT