List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Crystal Clear release!
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2005-06-23 13:35:50

Hi,

> KDE wants only icons to be submitted *with* SVGs or some other form of
> source. In the end, if it doesn't come down to legal issue, it is our
> express wish *not* to include any icons without what we define as a form
> of acceptable source. The reasoning behind this is as follows: with
> pixel images you can only perform a minor amount of madification, and
> taking something away from a pixel image is a) extremely hard and b) will
> need to be done again and again for every form of transformation.
>
> Pushing pixels is simply out. In order to allow the whole ccommunity to
> help with the effort of completing an icon set for KDE we simply need to
> have some kind of source more than the final PNG file.

That's why I disagree with the commit of the latest icons for kdegames.
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-commits&m=111953209913961&w=2

Because it is not what KDE agreed to do a few months ago.

I ask again this commit to be REVERSED in order not to be the open door to
oldish issues we tried to solve (no licence and no source). Allowing this
commit is allowing any icons for kde 3.5 without source as defined by Kenneth
above. Allowing this commit is against the agreement KDE people reached
previously.

annma