List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Crystal Clear release!
From:       Rainer Endres <endres () physos ! org>
Date:       2005-06-23 13:28:43

Hi

On Thursday 23 June 2005 14:40, Luke-Jr wrote:
> It is perfectly possible to license a work under the GPL or LGPL, but not
> publish the source yourself. In doing so, anyone who wishes to redistribute
> under those licenses would be required to obtain (legitimately) the source
> to distribute with the work. This could be either directly from the author
> or from someone else who has obtained the sources legitimately and has the
> license to redistribute them (which they would, under both GPL and LGPL)

So, you say the GPL allows to distribute closed source (I am no giving away
the source) binaries? Reading the text, I can not see where this is
explicitly denied.

So MS can license Office under the (L)GPL, as long as they do not give anybody
the Source Code, nobody is allowed to redistribute the work?

Trying to understand this.

	Rainer