List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Re: move crystal icons to hicolour (moving to
From:       Luciano Montanaro <luciano.montanaro () consulenti ! fastweb ! it>
Date:       2005-06-07 8:34:47

El Martes 07 Junio 2005 01:01, James Richard Tyrer escribió:
> Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 05:38:05PM -0700, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> >>HiColor icons should be installed as "hicolor".
> >
> > There is no such thing as a "hicolor icon", unlike kdeclassic or
> > crystal it's not an artistic style, any style of icon can go in there.
>
> Yes, and NO!  A HiColor icon is an unthemed icon.  So we know what
> HiColor is not.  Therefore, Crystal style is not HiColor because Crystal
> style is strongly themed.

You think KDEClassic - Highcolor do not have a theme?

This is where I do not agree, I do not think you can make an "unthemed" icon
set at all.

KDEClassic icons clearly are done to fit together well. As are the Crystal
icons. So they too have a theme: light use of colour, one-pixel borders and
so on.

Luciano