List:       kde-artists
Subject:    [kde-artists] Rules for background images
From:       Uno Engborg <uno () webworks ! se>
Date:       2005-02-25 4:46:07

I don't know if this is the correct forum, but is there any rules on how
background images for KDE should look?

If not there should be.
If we look at the default background in KDE  (I'm looking the klax 3.4
beta liveCD, but I think 3.3.x have the same default backgroud)
we see that it is very easy to hide icons in the desktop pattern. E.g.
if you place a html file right in between the two gears it is almost
impossible to see.

 From a usability perspective this is not good.
Perhaps there should be some design rule that said something like:

The smallest pattern detail in the default KDE pattern, should always be
larger than the size of the ikons.

That way icons would not have a chance of being camoflaged to the
background.

Regards
Uno Engborg