List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: HiColor Icons
From:       tackat () t-online ! de (Torsten Rahn)
Date:       2004-10-24 12:30:52

> It seems apparent that we need to watch this stuff much more closely. If
> you will maintain the hicolor

Being the original maintainer of HiColor I'd welcome it if JRT would maintain
HiColor (and make it resurge from the deaths ;-)
Judging from his previous attempts to draw Crystal-Style Icons I felt that he
didn't like to paint those and rather loved to make them look similar to
HiColor-Icons. I think JRT's work could be especially important as Redhat
seems to choose HiColor-Icons quite often as they play quite nice with their
Bluecurve-Theme.

In opposite to JRT I fully regard CrystalSVG as the default style of KDE. This
also means that there should at least exist an icon for the CrystalSVG style.
It would be too much to ask authors of an application to draw

a) a pixel-based Hicolor icon in multiple resolutions which is rarely used
anyways
b) a vector-based Crystal-Icon

Better ask them to paint something that they might consider than asking them
too much so they give up in advance :-)
And as the Crystal-Icon Set is the current default in KDE and looks modern I
think it's realistic to ask them to paint at least b).

> , I can do the crystal stuff.

Yes. :-)

> Does anyone have anything against this idea?

No it's great and a Win-Win Situation for KDE.

Greetings,
Torsten