List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: New icon for amaroK
From:       "vukman" <vukman () dbmail ! dk>
Date:       2004-10-22 21:43:33

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 09:39:02 +0200, Mark Kretschmann wrote
> Hi,
>
> for amaroK 1.2 we are planning to switch to a new application icon.
> This is because our old icon (a speaker) was too similar to the KMix
> icon, which caused some confusion for our users.
>
> After some brainstorming we came up with the idea to use a wolf's
> eye for the icon, as Amarok means Wolf in the Innuit language. In
> CVS HEAD we have a first implementation of this idea, created by
> Quentin Bleton. While I like the concept of this icon, I'm still not
> happy with the implementation, as I feel there is still room for improvement.

I think both the concept and the implementation are excellent. The icon is original (not just a
copy of an speaker), it has the idea of a wolf's eye implemented, it is simple as it should be (not
too many details), and it is professionaly created.

When you say that you are still not happy with implementation and that you feel that there is still
room for improvement you should precisely tell us what is wrong with it. Design? Colors? Try to
put your feelings into the words.

> So I would love to have another artist have a go at the icon, and
> try to improve it. I have attached a PNG of Quentin's icon, and can
> also provide the SVG source, if needed. Any input from you will be
> appreciated. We are looking forward to your ideas :-)

Mark, you are asking another artist to improve Quentin's icon? Why don't you ask Quentin? But
then again you should tell what is wrong with that icon.

Cheers,