List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST: New icon for amaroK
From:       Mark Kretschmann <markey () web ! de>
Date:       2004-10-18 7:39:02

Hi,

for amaroK 1.2 we are planning to switch to a new application icon. This is
because our old icon (a speaker) was too similar to the KMix icon, which
caused some confusion for our users.

After some brainstorming we came up with the idea to use a wolf's eye for the
icon, as Amarok means Wolf in the Innuit language. In CVS HEAD we have a
first implementation of this idea, created by Quentin Bleton. While I like
the concept of this icon, I'm still not happy with the implementation, as I
feel there is still room for improvement.

So I would love to have another artist have a go at the icon, and try to
improve it. I have attached a PNG of Quentin's icon, and can also provide the
SVG source, if needed. Any input from you will be appreciated. We are looking
forward to your ideas :-)

Cheers,

--Mark

["cr64-app-amarok.png" (image/png)]