List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST: Re: kde-artists Digest, Vol 19, Issue 24
From:       Revelinux <mail () revelinux ! com>
Date:       2004-10-21 18:59:09

> So you suggest making a new theme, which we can use as "standard"?
> Ruining the crystal theme by allowing anyone to include anything they
> want is not the right answer but rather only makes the problem worse.

Isn't this what is happening now?

> > The problem, and the point that was missed, is that it is ONLY the
> > default *named* icon theme.  The problem is that people have started
> > treating it like it WAS named "default" and adding icons to it that are
> > NOT Crystal style.

We are having a consistency problem with Crystal. Just look at the new log out
button we accepted. It really doesn't match the Crystal colors, but how would
the artist fix this without specific a color palette. I *assumed* from past
posts that we were having some difficulties because the original author did
not like the changes we were making (such as adding Nuvola icons etc etc). If
this is not the case then there would be no need for a separate default
theme. But what we do need is more specific guidelines for the Crystal set
and we need to weed out the ones that don't fit that criteria.

> So we have identified the problem. I already offered officialy maintaining
> the crystal set in KDE but heard no response. Until now I have tried to let
> everyone contribute, but in order to fiy these problems it appears that we
> need someone to do this.

Sounds great!!

I would be happy to help too (perhaps with the Crystal standards?).

Janet