List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: Phase style
From:       Sashmit Bhaduri <sashmit () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-09-10 2:39:01

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 19:26:09 -0700, David Johnson <david@usermode.org> wrote:
> As for non-plain styles, I
> think it's time for the System series to go.

I agree.

Perhaps we can start with moving System to kdeartwork. We currently
have a weird situation that extremely commonly used styles such as
plastik are in kdeartwork, and uncommonly used styles like System are
in kdelibs. I don't think there really is much interest in styles like
System- the last commit was 2 years and 7 months ago, which was when
it was being ported to KDE 3. The last commit before that was 4 years
8 months ago--- when KDE pre-2.0 KRASH was being released.

I don't think there is very much interest in many of these older
themes remaining in kdelibs instead of for example, kdeartwork.

Before someone screams "system" is my favorite style, try this: rename
it to something else and post it unmodified to kde-look. See how much
interest it gets. For the few people who use older styles, I don't we
should remove them cold turkey. Perhaps move them to kde-artwork as a
start and then remove them in kde 4. Perhaps put em on kde-look for
people who still want them. :)