List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: Crystal icon set, review & authors
From:       Ante Wessels <vitanova2 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-03-18 13:21:50

On Jueves 18 Marzo 2004 09:32, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
> * wygiwyg <vukman@dbmail.dk> [Mar 18. 2004 09:21]:

> One more person discussing the "problems of others" without really
> doing anything about it is not very helpfull at this point.

I disagree. They sometimes say the french restaurants are good because french
housewives are so critical. You better be a good cook, otherwise you have no
life! It is also said the Amsterdam Concertgebouworkest (orchestra) is so
good because they play in perfect room. Everybody can actually hear whether
the music is played well, or not. You better play well!

Art is a mind thing. Discussion can open eyes. Especially in a big set more
abstract notions like consistency are important, analysis is important. The
more challenging a surrounding the more challenged the artists are. The more
noise the more inspiring.

And then again, vukman@dbmail.dk isn't that antialias - whose analysis on this
list were always highly appreciated... Welcome back!

In open source most do not get paid. Credit is the only reward. So, yes,
do give full credit.

AFAICS:
Everaldo started the set, made most icons and is leading the way. Torsten is
unstoppable productive, made many icons too. Luci made 2 icons that were not
intended for the Crystal set but ended up in it :-) More artists contributed,
but who did what - there is no overview...

Cordialemente,

Ante

--

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:

Scripts for kde artists, like svg2png4kde, add border, add drop shadow, change
filename, file conversion:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita/linux/index.html

Web course italian, poem generator, poetry, stories and visual art:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita