List:       kde-edu-devel
Subject:    [kde-edu-devel] Re: K-ARTIST: Any graphics besides icons needed?
From:       annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr
Date:       2004-01-22 13:36:28

On January 22, 2004 07:30 am, Andreas Kwiatkowski wrote:
> Any graphics besides icons needed? Such as logos, wallpaper and bigger
> sized splash-screens?

yes, some are needed, especially in KDE-Edu, we could really do with new
graphisms.
I can give you specifics if you want. I am more thinking of wallpapers in
applications and pictures used in applications here.

About svg and style: yes, a style guide is needed, now!
I got some svg sources for several KDE-Edu applications. So I generated png
from the ksvgtopng script. In 16, 32, 48 and 128. As I am not an artist, the
16x16 seem good enough. But with a guideline, I would be able to tell the
artist what to specifically do with 16x16.
Problem of the svg source: where to commit it? At the moment I committed the
resulting png to an icons folder in the apps dir. The svg is not in the cvs
tree as it generates warning messages from the automake.

Where must the svg or /and svgz go? Should the png be committed or not?

What about the licence? Is there something to write, where?

Thanks,

annma, who wants to do it right for the KDE-Edu module.