List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: Any graphics besides icons needed?
From:       Kenneth Wimer <wimer () suse ! de>
Date:       2004-01-22 14:04:54

* annemarie.mahfouf@free.fr <annemarie.mahfouf@free.fr> [Jan 22. 2004 14:36]:
> On January 22, 2004 07:30 am, Andreas Kwiatkowski wrote:
> > Any graphics besides icons needed? Such as logos, wallpaper and bigger
> > sized splash-screens?
>
> yes, some are needed, especially in KDE-Edu, we could really do with new
> graphisms.
> I can give you specifics if you want. I am more thinking of wallpapers in
> applications and pictures used in applications here.
>
> About svg and style: yes, a style guide is needed, now!
> I got some svg sources for several KDE-Edu applications. So I generated png
> from the ksvgtopng script. In 16, 32, 48 and 128. As I am not an artist, the
> 16x16 seem good enough. But with a guideline, I would be able to tell the
> artist what to specifically do with 16x16.

exactly.

> Problem of the svg source: where to commit it? At the moment I committed the
> resulting png to an icons folder in the apps dir. The svg is not in the cvs
> tree as it generates warning messages from the automake.
>
> Where must the svg or /and svgz go? Should the png be committed or not?

I have been checking everything (even the apps) into
kdelibs/pics/crystalsvg/. There are several hundred SVGZ files there. At
some time in the future I would imagine that we will move them to a
proper directory, but for now that is the place to put them.

> What about the licence? Is there something to write, where?

All the work inlcuded in kdelibs/pics/ is (or should be) LGPL. Because I
am responsible for this at SUSE, I can officially say that the
crystalsvg is LGPL.

bye,
ken