List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: SGV icons AI, and CrystalSVG problems continued
From:       Ante Wessels <vitanova2 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-01-22 11:12:59

On Martes 20 Enero 2004 17:18, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> I believe that the attached SVG file (shadow0.svg) illustrates the problem.
>
> This is only the shadow for the corner of: "mime_empty.svgz" and it is
> 2.1KB.  If you open the file with a text editor, you can get a better idea
> of the problem.
>
> I also attach: "shadow1.svg" which is only 1.2KB.  Do you see any
> difference?
>
> This is another example of the fact that we need to KISS with icons.
>
> Note: in case somebody doesn't know, I am an Engineer not an Artist so I am
> probably more interested in the technical details, but we do need to
> consider these.

Yes, very good to have an engineer around. You allways look at it from an
other angle.

--

Cordialemente,

Ante

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:

http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists

Scripts for kde artists, like svg2png4kde, add border, add drop shadow, change
filename, file conversion:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita/linux/index.html

Web course italian, poem generator, poetry, stories and visual art:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita