List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: Everaldo keeping kde in lock -- was: K-ARTIST: Icons,
From:       Ante Wessels <vitanova2 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-01-16 12:00:13

On Jueves 15 Enero 2004 20:06, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> Ante Wessels writes:
>
> OK, it is too tempting.  Can you please re-read the license, because
> according to the definitions in the LGPL, the .png's you distribute
> are not "the source".  I quote: '"Source code" for a work means the
> preferred form of the work for making modifications to it.'

The author is the licenser, the receiver is the licensee. The licensee is
under the obligations of the license, the licenser not. The only obligation
the licenser has is not to withdraw what he gave. Do not only read the text,
understand the situation. Then read the text correctly.

From the lgpl: "Each licensee is addressed as "you"."   And: "You may copy and
distribute verbatim copies (...)". etc, etc, etc. Where are the obligations
for 'I' , which would be the licenser? 'I' and 'licenser' are not found in
the document! Course not, an author does not give away things only to be held
reponsible himself too. No, disclaimer everywhere! All doors closed. Hey, do
you think i would recommend the lgpl if there where possible damages to these
fine artists around here?

Cordialemente,

Ante

--

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:

http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists

Scripts for kde artists, like svg2png4kde, add border, add drop shadow, change
filename, file conversion:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita/linux/index.html

Web course italian, poem generator, poetry, stories and visual art:
http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita