List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: Everaldo keeping kde in lock -- was: K-ARTIST: Icons, scripts
From:       Dominique Devriese <dominique.devriese () student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       2004-01-15 19:06:21

Ante Wessels writes:

>> The license for those .png icons then states that the sources for
>> them need to be made available (i.e. the format that is preferred
>> for editing them, in this case .svg or .ai or whatever.).

> If you distribute the png, then that is the source, legally.

OK, it is too tempting.  Can you please re-read the license, because
according to the definitions in the LGPL, the .png's you distribute
are not "the source".  I quote: '"Source code" for a work means the
preferred form of the work for making modifications to it.'

And now this is officially my last contribution to the thread, and I
do mean it this time.

cheers
domi