List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: svg 2 png rendering script
From:       Ante Wessels <vitanova2 () softhome ! net>
Date:       2004-01-11 13:40:32

On Sábado 10 Enero 2004 17:19, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Saturday 10 January 2004 15:30, Ante Wessels wrote:
> > On Viernes 09 Enero 2004 18:32, chris / os11.com wrote:
> > > Nice script but excuse me for being dumb when it comes to stuff like
> > > this:)  how do you get it to work? :)
> >
> > Ah, I did forget to tell the basic! Make a directory, say "2render", put
> > the svg and svgz you want to render in it with the script, cd into the
> > directory. Run ./svg2png4kde and watch the results. The icons that can
> > not be rendered by Sodipodi wil get errors messages. A new dir will be
> > created in your "2render" dir.
> >
> > An other mail mentioned "ksvgtopng in kdelibs/pics, and make generate?",
> > which I will take a look at...
>
> Someone mentioned it on one of the mailing-lists a month ago or so.
> Basically its a program that gets compiled automatically when building
> kdelibs, but doesnt get installed. You can use it by typing "make generate"
> in
> kdelibs/pics/crystalsvg", and it will then generate png versions for all
> the svgz' there.

Thanks for the info!

Then you need that tree at home? I copied the file and makefile to a dir,
tried "make generate" and "make" but got errors. It seems to me the script is
for advanced users... having all the sources. It may be more powerfull than
mine, since sodipodi does not  render all illustrator svgs.

> Btw it seems it makes a few errors in mime-document and
> mime-wordprocessing. Can your script generate these correctly or is an
> error in the svgz'?

Svg is quite new. May be illustrator has it implemented fully, but other apps
are not so far. That may be the reason... Probably the script in kdelibs is
more powerfull than mine, mine is more easy to use, being a simple bash
script.

Cordialemente,

Ante

> `Allan

******
The most up to date info for kde artists can be found at the wiki:

http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=KDE+Artists

http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita