List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: svg 2 png rendering script
From:       Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde () carewolf ! com>
Date:       2004-01-10 16:19:15

On Saturday 10 January 2004 15:30, Ante Wessels wrote:
> On Viernes 09 Enero 2004 18:32, chris / os11.com wrote:
> > Nice script but excuse me for being dumb when it comes to stuff like
> > this:)  how do you get it to work? :)
>
> Ah, I did forget to tell the basic! Make a directory, say "2render", put
> the svg and svgz you want to render in it with the script, cd into the
> directory. Run ./svg2png4kde and watch the results. The icons that can not
> be rendered by Sodipodi wil get errors messages. A new dir will be created
> in your "2render" dir.
>
> An other mail mentioned "ksvgtopng in kdelibs/pics, and make generate?",
> which I will take a look at...

Someone mentioned it on one of the mailing-lists a month ago or so. Basically
its a program that gets compiled automatically when building kdelibs, but
doesnt get installed. You can use it by typing "make generate" in
kdelibs/pics/crystalsvg", and it will then generate png versions for all the
svgz' there.
Btw it seems it makes a few errors in mime-document and mime-wordprocessing.
Can your script generate these correctly or is an error in the svgz'?

`Allan