List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: icon index.theme file
From:       tackat () t-online ! de (Torsten Rahn)
Date:       2003-10-22 13:04:44

> Hello. I was wondering if anyone could direct me to information regarding
the
> index.theme files in icon themes. specifically the effect of
'Type=Threshold'
> compared to static and scalable.

Imagine the iconloader needs to display an icon of the size x. In case an
icon of this size isn't available in the respective directory which contains
the icons of the size x the "Type"-entry determines how the iconloader
should display the icon instead:

STATIC: the iconloader will use the icon bitmap of the size y which is
matches the size x most closely. The iconbitmap will be displayed at size y.

SCALABLE: the iconloader will use the icon bitmap of the size y which is
matches the size x most closely. The iconbitmap will be scaled and displayed
at size x.

TRESHOLD: the iconloader will use the icon bitmap of the size y which is
matches the size x most closely.
If  (|y-x| < Treshold) then the icon will be displayed at size y, otherwise
it will be scaled to size x

> What im basically trying to do for my theme slick icons, is have the 48x48
> icons also be used as scaled 64x64 icons without having to duplicate all
the
> files in a 64x64 folder.  Setting the icon size at 64pixels max results in
> default Crystal icons being used. Is there any way around this? Symlinking
> 48x48 to 64x64 works pefect but thats apparently not an option in cvs.

Using "Treshold" (which is the default  anyways) should work (and definitely
did in the past).
If it doesn't work correctly you might want to file a bug report.

Copying and symlinking is evil ...
Torsten Rahn