List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:SVG viewer?
From:       Vadim Plessky <lucy-ples () mtu-net ! ru>
Date:       2002-10-16 8:24:42

On Wednesday 16 October 2002 8:28 am, antialias wrote:
|  On Tuesday 15 October 2002 01:00 pm, tackat@t-online.de wrote:
|  > Vadim Plessky schrieb:
|  > > On Tuesday 15 October 2002 1:11 pm, luciash d' being
|  >
|  > I can recommend ksvg.
|
|  I can not, yet :( . See attached kugla.png image. I run KDE 3.0.8 (KDE 3.1
|  beta2) compiled HEAD a few days ago. Kugla.svg has been created with
| Sodipodi (where are the colors? it should look excatly like png version)

Hi Antialias!

Have you tried librsvg2?
(you need at least librsvg-2.1.1, version 2.0.1 shipped in Mandrake 9.0 and
RedHat 8.0 is *too old*)

|  > > I would prefer to stay away from Adobe Illustrator 9
|  > > (which is used by  Everaldo for Crystal icons)
|  >
|  > I would prefer to stay away from Adobe Illustrator, too. But right now
|  > it's
|  > the only tool which one can use to create good-looking complex icons.
|
|  Hm, jimmac & tiggert (and tackat in the past) created complex &
| good-looking icons with Gimp ;-)

I think that we should try to creat eicons in vector format, not in raster
one.
And GIMP has too many limitations, so investing time in GIMP work doesn't make
sense, IMO.

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)