List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:SVG viewer?
From:       antialias <vukman () mail ! dk>
Date:       2002-10-16 4:28:18

On Tuesday 15 October 2002 01:00 pm, tackat@t-online.de wrote:
> Vadim Plessky schrieb:
> > On Tuesday 15 October 2002 1:11 pm, luciash d' being
> >
> > |  > I can recommend librsvg2, with 'rsvg' application
> >
> > capable to display SVG
> >
> > |  > on screen.
>
> I can recommend ksvg.

I can not, yet :( . See attached kugla.png image. I run KDE 3.0.8 (KDE 3.1
beta2) compiled HEAD a few days ago. Kugla.svg has been created with Sodipodi
(where are the colors? it should look excatly like png version)

> > I would prefer to stay away from Adobe Illustrator 9
> > (which is used by  Everaldo for Crystal icons)
>
> I would prefer to stay away from Adobe Illustrator, too. But right now
> it's
> the only tool which one can use to create good-looking complex icons.

Hm, jimmac & tiggert (and tackat in the past) created complex & good-looking
icons with Gimp ;-)

> http://www.xs4all.nl/~rwlbuis/karbon/pics/svgimport5.png

Your new Kwrite icon is nice (reminds me on old Corel's wordperfect icon), but
IMHO it is a little bit inconsistent (see attached image kwrite.png). It is
out of proportion (it looks bigger then other icons on Kicker and it is not
'crystalized' enough: lower part looks cartoonish so in combination with
other 'crystal' icons it is a little bit odd).

> BTW: I am working from home now and got my new flat.

Congratulations :)

antialias

["kugla.png" (image/png)]
["kwrite.png" (image/png)]