List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:SVG viewer?
From:       tackat () t-online ! de (Torsten Rahn)
Date:       2002-10-15 13:58:19

Am Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2002 15:46 schrieben Sie:

> |  I can recommend ksvg.
> Unfortunately, I can't - at least in its current state.

I will check out CVS today to see what it's all about.

> |  fine and they are rather complex. Although ksvg did have some problems
> |  with gradients until mid-september those problems have vanished since
then.
> What about *simple* example which I attached to my previous message
> (subject: KSVG vs. RSVG)? (undo-v2.2.svg)

I'll have a look at it.

> |  If you still should experience problems with certain SVG-files please
> |  send
> |  them to wildfox@kde.org or to rwlbuis. They will sell their grandmother
> Unfortunately, wildfox doesn't reply to mails, and Rob is working on
> Karbon14. So, it seems to me that KSVG is not maintained at a amoment. And
> this is biggest concern from my side.

Hm - until about September 16 I didn't have such problems.

> |  to get them working ;-) And of course you should try to use the most
> |  recent version of HEAD for that purpose.
>
> Should someone make tar.bz2, or SRPM package from KSVG?

If this is possible that would probably be a good idea

> I am not position to use KDE CVS, just to het KSVG up an drunning.

You just need kdelibs

> BTW: i downloaded from kde-look.org Crystal 0.71, and it seems there are no
> SVG files inside tarball. Where I can get *SVG versions* of Crystal icons?

The version of Crystal 0.71 is different from the version in CVS.

> No, I use Konq fro browsing, and librsvg2 for rendering.
> I have small application called 'svgdisplay' which does two things:
> a) shows SVG on screen
> b) converts it to PNG
> It's a tweaked (by me) version of text-rsvg from librsvg-2.1.0
>
> I also highly apprecitae the fact that Dom (librsvg2 maintainer) can fix
> reported bug in a day or two. Well, he hasn't managed to fix *all* bugs I
> reported to him, but he works really hard!

Until recently the same was true for Wildfox. No idea if he has to do some
more important stuff right now.

> |  BTW: I am working from home now and got my new flat.
>
> Congratulations!
> Do you have plan of your new flat in SVG format?  :-)
> Together with Window-view? ;-))

Oops, I misstyped:

My current situation is that I have a new flatrate internet connection and am
working on KDE at home now (no new apartment yet ;-).

Tackat