List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST: vector license
From:       ante <vitanova () softhome ! net>
Date:       2002-08-17 10:04:42

Torsten,

On Thursday 15 August 2002 15:49, you wrote:

> For small icons we use handoptimized pngs in some cases.

Then I have to mention the pngs too. I assume that there will be 1 directory
containing the SVG and PNG icons. The SVGs will have a short copyright
notice, the PNGs will not.

If that is the situation: concept 3 as attached. If that is not the situation,
or if it changes, let me know. (I made a few other changes as well.)

Cordialemente,

Ante

******

http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita

["COPYING" (text/plain)]

This copyright and license notice covers the images in this directory.
Note the license notice contains an add-on.

KDE Vector and Pixel Icons.
Copyright (C) 2002 KDE Artists

This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
Lesser General Public License for more details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA

    **** NOTE THIS ADD-ON ****
The GNU Lesser General Public License or LGPL is written for software libraries
in the first place. We expressly want the LGPL to be valid for this artwork
library too.

KDE Vector and Pixel Icons is a special kind of software library, it is an
artwork library, it's elements can be used in a Graphical User Interface, or
GUI.
Source code, for this library means:
 - for vectors svg;
 - for pixels, if applicable, the multi-layered formats xcf or psd, or
otherwise png.
The vector elements of this art library have a short copyright notice, the pixel
elements do not; the longer copyright and license notice is placed at a
prominent place in the directory containing the elements. You may follow this
practice.
The exception in section 6 of the GNU Lesser General Public License covers
the use of elements of this art library in a GUI.

kde-artists@kde.org