List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:kdelook????
From:       ante <vitanova () softhome ! net>
Date:       2002-06-27 10:15:30

On Tuesday 25 June 2002 11:12, Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> bad on good content?  I feel bad about the 20% border...
>
> Sorry, but this isnīt censorship. A few month ago many people complained
> about the low content quality on KDE-Look.org (Holiday pictures, bad
> wallpapers, ... ) I donīt want to rate the content on my own. Neither do a
> like the concept of super editors or super users who are able to delete
> stuff. The community has to decide whats good an whats bad. So I introduced
> the 20% limit. Do you think it should be lower?

The problem is that the first few votes can already make a submission drop
below the 20%. Those first votes carry to much weight.

Say you do something like this. As long as there are less than 100 votes, the
maximum effect of a vote is 1% up or down. Then, if the first 10 voters vote
bad, the submission is down to 40%. It is not long gone before anyone had a
change to download it.

And yes, it is not a good idea to reward kids by deleting stuff.

Cordialemente,

Ante

******

http://home.uwnet.nl/~vita