List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:new icons set
From:       Tomasz Mielnik <tomasz.mielnik () tdcinternet ! pl>
Date:       2002-05-20 7:51:09

On Monday 20 May 2002 05:00, antialias wrote:
> your icons are great, and you are very welcome to contribute to kde

thanx

> community. Especially your application icons are what we need right now.
> They are original and very special. I like the concept and I like the
> design. Mime empty is taken from Gnome icon project and that is a good
> thing because they match your other icons.

the mime template was drawn by me but with strong inspiration from gnome's
one. I know it look like gnome's but i like that style and as you said it
fits to the rest of icons.

> Keep up with good work. I am sure tackat is going to include your icons and
> I would like to see them as a part of the next KDE releases.

well for now I will do more apps icons and not only for kde apps. it will
proably help in later to finish mime icons bcoz i will have element to
assembly them. I'm also thinking about new design/style for kcm icons. i'll
probbly take some inspiration from old amiga styles where all preferences
icons was drawn with the same style.

> In one of your responses on kde-look.org you said that desktop icon from
> iKons is actually taken from your icon set? Did author of iKons mentioned
> that when he released iKons? I think you deserve it.

well i'm not quite sure. I think I saw my name apearing on some forum/list but
I can't remember now. but my desktop icon has an sheet of paper and the one
from ikons doesn't so maybe they are different...

--
Tomasz Mielnik / TDC Internet Polska SA.