List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:new icons set
From:       antialias <vukman () dbmail ! dk>
Date:       2002-05-20 5:00:33

On Sunday 19 May 2002 09:46 pm, Tomasz Mielnik wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> Some time ago i've started a project of Free Icons which was an idea to
> make a full icon set for desktop (gnome, kde or whatever). i get no
> response from gnome which on I based my Icons. A few days ago i released my
> icons as a set for KDE.
> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=1785
> and today an update
> http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=1822
>
> That move mets with a great response from kde-look community which gives me
> a lot of hope and motivated me to keep my work on this project.
> My question is: How you KDE-artist find my job? Is it posible to include my
> icon set in future releases of KDE?
> I must add that now I do this all for fun and for my personal use, and my
> goal is to replace all KDE icons on my desktop.

Hi Tomasz,

your icons are great, and you are very welcome to contribute to kde community.
Especially your application icons are what we need right now. They are
original and very special. I like the concept and I like the design. Mime
empty is taken from Gnome icon project and that is a good thing because they
match your other icons.
Keep up with good work. I am sure tackat is going to include your icons and I
would like to see them as a part of the next KDE releases.
In one of your responses on kde-look.org you said that desktop icon from iKons
is actually taken from your icon set? Did author of iKons mentioned that when
he released iKons? I think you deserve it.

Cheers,

antialias