List:       kde-artists
Subject:    K-ARTIST:Ksvg & sodipodi & svg icons
From:       antialias <vukman () dbmail ! dk>
Date:       2002-05-03 0:01:30

Hi,

Ksvg is in pretty good shape now, so I recommend all kde artists who are
interested in creating svg icons compile Ksvg. It can nicely and very,very
fast preview svg images in Konqueror.

Sodipodi is also a nice graphic tool (created by our Gnome friends) and it
saves svg images nicely so ksvg can read them properly. When you create svg
images don't use Export meny entry (ksvg will not read it and Konqi will
crash. Just use Save as ( name_for_image.svg). There are some quirks in
Sodipodi (I hope it will be fixed in next releases) - it can't save drawing
properly, it saves the whole page, so when you create svg icon take care
about size of the page (document), fill it with your drawing and save it.

Are there any plans to add svg icons support to KDE 3.1?

I am sending two screenshots of Sodipodi & Konqi in action ;-)

regards,

antialias
["Konqi.svg.png" (image/png)]
["Sodipodi-svg.png" (image/png)]