List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:New Icontheme
From:       antialias <vukman () dbmail ! dk>
Date:       2002-04-30 20:06:00

On Tuesday 30 April 2002 14:37, everaldo wrote:
>  On Saturday 13 April 2002 11:19, Matthias Grünler wrote:
>  > What should be the concept for the new icon theme,
>  > should be more like crystal or what should be the attributes?
>
>  Some opinions of mine:
>  - New icons for KDE 3.1 should look more saturated (somewhere between the
> current iconscheme and between Crystal which looks way too colorful on the
> other hand).
> I agree

All icons? Any differences between mimetypes and application icons?
I don't like MacOSX icon effect applied on mimetype papers. On mimetype
elements yes. Even icon themes for MacOSX don't have 'crystal'
effect on papers. See attachment !

> - New icons for KDE 3.1 shouldn't have black borders at all. The borders
> should just be quite a bit darker (and a bit more saturated) than the rest
> of the icon.
>  I agree :O)

Hm, any explanation for this? What does it mean 'quite a bit darker'?
What about small sizes? Still no black border?
Can you make an icon as example, or maybe a mime_empty?

> - A new folder icon would be nice. It should still look similar to the
> current one (i.e. the "front panel" should consist of a blue glas on the
> top half and a metallic part on the bottom half. It should look less
> "static" and more vivid than the current icon. It should also look more
> glossy (like those icons in Crystal/Mac OS X). Everaldo posted a very nice
> version 1-2 months ago which was very similar to the one I had in my mind
> I am happy for you to think like this :O)

Everaldo, can you send it again? I can't remember which one it was?

> - The mimetype icons should still preserve the brown-orange-beige-skin
> color. In fact the KDEish blue-orange grey color scheme should stay all
> over the desktop.
>  I think ash had been better :O( but I agree

And less shadows IMHO ;-)

> - We need our application icons to be completely redone.  In fact that's
> currently the part of KDE which needs most work. There are a lot of icons
> in this area which don't look good at all.
>  Yes :O)

Which ones?

> - We should probably decide on a "fixed" palette we should be using.
>  yes good idea

That would be great :)

antialias

["icn-tts2-documentz.gif" (image/gif)]