List:       kde-artists
Subject:    RE: K-ARTIST:New Icontheme
From:       "Pablo Liska" <pablo () ballotbin ! com>
Date:       2002-04-15 21:48:34

I think a cross between Crystal and iKons would be a good starting point.

it would be a bit tricky to combine the strenths of each.

Crystal strongpoints: retains the cartoonish-ness that is classic in KDE,
but adds  polish. Crystal tries to push the envelope and create a unique and
slick identity for kde that has nothing to envy from win/mac.

iKons strongpoints: practical, 50-60% complete, functionally attractive, and
usable at 16x16.

Crystal weaknesses:incomplete. departs from historical style, so that many
old-style icons would seem foreign to the system-wide icon theme if crystal
were default. Some of the crystal icons (home icon) dont fit the kde
tradition.

iKons weakneses:incomplete, doesnt push the envelope.