List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:kde 3.1
From:       Torsten Rahn <tackat () suse ! de>
Date:       2002-03-26 15:24:15

Am Dienstag, 26. März 2002 14:22 schrieb everaldo:

> the one that you think on we make a force task (if the tackat agrees)
> to do new icons default of the kde for the version 3.1
> we could create versions in svg and in bitmap

Sure :-)

> what do you think on that?

I've seen that you were using Corel Draw under Linux. I think it might be a
good choice to agree on that software for the vector-graphics (not for the
quality but for the wide-spread usage). But we have to find out if the SVG's
that are produced by CorelDraw can be read by ksvg (lite).

BTW: I liked the last cdr-folder that you posted here very much! Maybe we
could make an improved version of this one default?

> everaldo
>
> ps. next week I finally will lasso for download the crystal in an
> incomplete version unhappily I could not you finish it but he will be
> thrown like me I promised

That's great news! :-)
Keep in mind: no great artwork ever gets complete and perfect. People who
begin to contribute and try to do great things very often do the same
"mistake": They begin to create something on their harddisks and don't want
to release it until it's perfect. Usually it takes a lot of time until they
realize that the more they work on it the more room for improvements they
discover. At a certain point of time you realize that you just have to
declare your artwork finished for the moment and throw it out as v.1.0. If
"n" is the version number you are actually working on you might want to get
used to the idea that only  version "n+1" will become the perfect release ;-)

Greetings,
Tackat