List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:'art-devel' added added to KDE-CVS
From:       Torsten Rahn <tackat () suse ! de>
Date:       2002-01-10 12:01:50

> Is it possible to coordinate our work?

Sure, that's what this list is meant for.

>    - I would like to know what tackat, qwertz, lenny and ather kde
> artist do right now, and that's not only because I am curious, but
> more because I don't want we all work on, for example, application
> icons while other icons stay untouched (not knowing about others work).

Yesterday I added tear-off-borders to all 48x48-versions of
ASCII-file-format-related icons. Looks a little bit more interesting.
See screenshot below:

http://devel-home.kde.org/~tackat/status1.png

I plan to apply these to 32x32 and 64x64 as well.

Other items on my TODO-list:

- animated versions of the folder-icons.

>            b) I work also on a new set of application icons for KDE

> (changing some - Kab icon, different ones for Kate and
>                 Kwrite, new for Kpackage, new for Kivio etc.) and

These would be very much appreciated :-)
Also Qwertz told me that you have a new icon for KMail?

           c)  32x32 icons for Koffice
           d) some new folder-icons which can be used together with
default KDE icons

Looking forward.

>          e) I can also volunteer and finish 64x64 default mimetypes icons

Great :-)

Greetings,
Tackat

> Regards,
> antialias

----------------------------- Torsten Rahn wrote:

Hi,

A new module 'art-devel' has been added to kde-cvs.
The module includes source-files for the graphics generated for KDE
(such as .xcf files, .psd or other graphic-formats which contain vectors
or layers which won't go into the final image.)

To encourage people to develop further icon-themes based on "hicolor"  I
have just added my own .xcf-files for the hicolor-icons into this module.
(Of course it's also very much appreciated if people help out with
"hicolor" by doing enhancements or modifications to these files)
Feel free to check them out and play around with them.

People who already do have a cvs-account might want to do the same with
their graphics (You have to decide yourself if you want to do that ...).

Please make sure that all artwork you commit into art-devel is ONLY
based on your OWN work or on the work of others who have granted
PERMISSION to modify and share their work ("FREE for commercial and
noncommercial usage").

Greetings,
Tackat