List:       kde-announce
Subject:    KOrganizer 0.9.9 uploaded
From:       Preston Brown <pbrown () redhat ! com>
Date:       1998-07-28 1:36:54

I have uploaded KOrganizer 0.9.9, the latest devel release.  Here's the
README and LSM entry:

Begin
Title:          korganizer
Version:        0.9.9
Entered-date:   Jul 23 98
Author:         Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com> <pbrown@kde.org>
Maintained-by:  Preston Brown <pbrown@redhat.com> <pbrown@kde.org>
Primary-site:   ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/apps/office
File1:	        korganizer-0.9.9.tar.gz
Alternate-site: http://www.redhat.com/~pbrown/
Platform:       Linux and other Unix-like operating systems
Copying-policy: GPL
End

-------------------- CUT HERE ---------------------

		       +-----------------------+
                       | K   O R G A N I Z E R |
                       +-----------------------+
                                 v0.9.9
                           by Preston Brown

		           KOrganizer Team:
	                      Ian  Dawes
		           Fester Zigterman
		          Christopher  Beard
		             Laszlo Boloni

QUICK NOTES ON WHAT'S NEW IN THIS RELEASE:

-a whole slew of bugfixes, working alarm daemon, working dragging/
resizing, preliminary printing through latex, memory leak cleanups,
searching (by regexp), preliminary (and not user-implemented) support
for group scheduling.

Note: I know that the todo list is mostly broken in this release, but I
wanted to get something out the door.  I'll be working on that hard for
0.9.10.

INTRODUCTION:

KOrganizer aims to be a complete program for organizing your
appointments, contacts, projects, etc.  It is in the same spirit as
similar programs like the now ubiquitous Microsoft Outlook, Starfish
Internet Sidekick, Time & Chaos, etc. (all for the Microsoft Windows
platform, of course.)  Best of all, It reads and writes the vCalendar
file format NATIVELY (please see http://www.imc.org/pdi for more
information), which is now an industry-wide personal data interchange
format.  Because of this, you should be able to move from other modern
PIMs to KOrganizer with relative ease.  Current users of the popular
program ical should definitely take a look at KOrganizer and compare
features.

To install KOrganizer, please read the file INSTALL.  The process is
analogous to other KDE applications.

Documentation is available online from the Help->Contents menu option.

LATEST VERSION: The latest version will be uploaded to the standard kde
ftp site  (ftp.kde.org) and mirror sites as well. The current version as
of July 22nd 1998 is 0.9.9.  Mostly, this is a bugfix release, although
new things (such as preliminary printing support via LaTeX and a *working*
alarm daemon) have been completed.  Please let me know if you you have
any feature requests.

BUGS: Known bugs are listed in the file src/BUGS.  I'll add and remove
bug reports to this file as they come in or get squashed.

CONTACT INFORMATION:

We want your suggestions and bug reports!

Please mail them to the maintainer:

* Preston Brown (pbrown@redhat.com)

or the rest of the team:

* Ian Dawes (iadawes@globalserve.net)
* Fester Zigterman (F.J.F.ZigtermanRustenburg@student.utwente.nl)
* Christopher Beard <cjbeard@istar.ca>
* Lotzi Boloni (boloni@cs.purdue.edu)

  We always welcome contributions and new members.

---
pgb: 07/21/98

---
 -Preston Brown