I have uploaded KOrganizer 0.9.9, the latest devel release. Here's the README and LSM entry: Begin Title: korganizer Version: 0.9.9 Entered-date: Jul 23 98 Description: Calendar and sched. program (PIM) for KDE w/vCalendar support Keywords: Calendar Schedule PIM Todo vCalendar Outlook KDE X11 Qt Author: Preston Brown Maintained-by: Preston Brown Primary-site: ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/apps/office File1: korganizer-0.9.9.tar.gz Alternate-site: http://www.redhat.com/~pbrown/ Original-site: http://www.redhat.com/~pbrown/ Platform: Linux and other Unix-like operating systems Copying-policy: GPL End -------------------- CUT HERE --------------------- +-----------------------+ | K O R G A N I Z E R | +-----------------------+ v0.9.9 by Preston Brown KOrganizer Team: Ian Dawes Fester Zigterman Christopher Beard Laszlo Boloni QUICK NOTES ON WHAT'S NEW IN THIS RELEASE: -a whole slew of bugfixes, working alarm daemon, working dragging/ resizing, preliminary printing through latex, memory leak cleanups, searching (by regexp), preliminary (and not user-implemented) support for group scheduling. Note: I know that the todo list is mostly broken in this release, but I wanted to get something out the door. I'll be working on that hard for 0.9.10. INTRODUCTION: KOrganizer aims to be a complete program for organizing your appointments, contacts, projects, etc. It is in the same spirit as similar programs like the now ubiquitous Microsoft Outlook, Starfish Internet Sidekick, Time & Chaos, etc. (all for the Microsoft Windows platform, of course.) Best of all, It reads and writes the vCalendar file format NATIVELY (please see http://www.imc.org/pdi for more information), which is now an industry-wide personal data interchange format. Because of this, you should be able to move from other modern PIMs to KOrganizer with relative ease. Current users of the popular program ical should definitely take a look at KOrganizer and compare features. To install KOrganizer, please read the file INSTALL. The process is analogous to other KDE applications. Documentation is available online from the Help->Contents menu option. LATEST VERSION: The latest version will be uploaded to the standard kde ftp site (ftp.kde.org) and mirror sites as well. The current version as of July 22nd 1998 is 0.9.9. Mostly, this is a bugfix release, although new things (such as preliminary printing support via LaTeX and a *working* alarm daemon) have been completed. Please let me know if you you have any feature requests. BUGS: Known bugs are listed in the file src/BUGS. I'll add and remove bug reports to this file as they come in or get squashed. CONTACT INFORMATION: We want your suggestions and bug reports! Please mail them to the maintainer: * Preston Brown (pbrown@redhat.com) or the rest of the team: * Ian Dawes (iadawes@globalserve.net) * Fester Zigterman (F.J.F.ZigtermanRustenburg@student.utwente.nl) * Christopher Beard * Lotzi Boloni (boloni@cs.purdue.edu) We always welcome contributions and new members. --- pgb: 07/21/98 --- -Preston Brown Red Hat Software, Inc. pbrown@redhat.com