List:       kde-announce
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: kwmaudio-0.0.1 released
From:       Christian Czezatke <e9025461 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       1997-10-06 1:09:05

Hi!

For all of you who have not made the move from fvwm to kwm II because of
FvwmAudio, there is now the kwmaudio-Package... ;-)

Like FvwmAudio this package allows you to assign sounds to certain system
events like the changing of the current desktop or the closing of a
window.

kwmaudio consists of two packages:

"kwmsound" is the kwm II module that actually does the playback. You won't
have to interfere with that program very much. -- Just put it into your
KDE startup script (as shown in the example in the README of that
package).

"syssound" is another package that allows you to configure your system
sounds in an easy way. -- This package contains a module for the KDE
Control Center "kcc" that can be used to assign system sounds to various
system events. Once that package is installed you will get an additional
configuration option named "System Sounds" in the "Sound System" folder.

Unfortunately the autoconf setup for "syssound" is not yet working
completely. -- But anyway, compiling "syssound" should be quite easy. Just
follow the instructions in the file "COMPILING.TXT" contained in that
package.

List of bugs/features:

+ plays back WAV files for the following events:
   "Switch to desktop N" (different WAV file for every desktop supported)
   "Open Window"
   "Close Window"
   "Activate Window" (=Focus Change)
   "Startup"
+ easily configurable with a KDE Control Center (kcc) module
+ uses KDE's mediatool to do the actual playback
+ _very_ small latency in playback startup

- no internationalisation (yet)
- WAV Files must reside in the following directory:
   $KDEDIR/share/sounds

I'm currently uploading it to "ftp.kde.org".
Suggested placement:
	/pub/kde/unstable/apps/utils

Here is the LSM:

----------------
Begin
Title:          kwmaudio-0.0.1.tgz
Version:        0.0.1
Entered-date:   06 Oct 1997
Maintained-by:  Christian Czezatke
Primary-site:
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/apps/utils
Platforms:      Plattforms running Qt/KDE that are supported by KDE's
mediatool
End

Much fun with kwmaudio... ;-)

     Christian

| Christian Czezatke, Student of Computer Science at the Vienna    |
| University Of Technology.                                        |
| email: e9025461@student.tuwien.ac.at                             |