List:       kde-announce
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: KDE Web-based IRC channel
From:       David McCanney <D.McCanney () udcf ! gla ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1997-08-06 18:33:10

Hi everyone,

I have setup (using ChatPlanet) a kde IRC channel and a web/java based
interface to it, so we can talk to one another in real time about KDE
(maybe even some of the developers might turn up :-) ).  Point your
browsers at:

http://www.gla.ac.uk/~websoc/~9504506m/kde.html

to find it.  Please note that you need a java enabled browser and that
the applet may take a minute or two to load over a 28K modem.  Please be
patient.

This page will be available all the time, so we could arrange certain
times every week or fortnight to meet but feel free to turn up anytime
to see if there is anyone there for a chat!

If no-one is doing anything tonight/today (depending on your timezone) I
though we could have a preliminary meeting at 9:00PM GMT to see what
everyone thinks.

BTW, you can use IRC nicknames like "David McCanney" or "Matthias
Ettrich" (i.e with a space in them) and would probably be better to do
so, so we know who everyone is.

See you at 9!

Kind Regards,
--