List:       kde-announce
Subject:    [kde-announce] kdar 2.0.6
From:       Holger Schurig <hs4233 () mail ! mn-solutions ! de>
Date:       2005-08-19 14:01:40

The "KDE Disk archiver" (KDar) is a disk-based archiving and backup utility.

It is built around the "disk archive library" by Denis Corbin, and is
analogous to the tape archiver shell command "tar", but is more suited for
backups onto disk-based media, such as CD-R, DVD, Jazz, Zip, other
hard-drives, etc.

KDar can perform full and differential backups with or without compression.
Archives can be split to fit various media types.

A filtering mechanism allows you to select which files and directories to
backup or restore, and which files to compress.

Requirements:

KDar-2.0.6 requires dar-2.2.1 or greater (libdar 3.0.x) and at least kde-3.4.x
(kde-3.3.x might work).

Changelog:

- Fixed export command bug#1235759 (missing quotes on -c and -R switches)

Links:

http://kdar.sourceforge.net/
http://kdar.sourceforge.net/kdar-screenshots.html

---
I make these announcements because I'm seek to see 20 new software packages
for GNOME, but only one for KDE at "Linux Weekly News". They obviously only
look at kde-announce@kde.org :-(