List:       kde-announce
Subject:    [kde-announce] KsirK 1.3beta2
From:       Holger Schurig <hs4233 () mail ! mn-solutions ! de>
Date:       2005-08-19 13:57:33

I partly updated the documentation, particularly adding a chapter on skins
creation. If you are want to create some graphisms for KsirK, read it at:
http://home.gna.org/ksirk/ksirk-kde-documentation.html

Second Beta Version of a network playable KsirK !
This is beta but all network features are implemented, extended testing needs
to be done. Since beta1, the followings have been completed:

KsirK is a strategy game inspired by the well known game Risk. It runs under
KDE or any Linux system with the KDE libs and is released under the GPL . In
the current beta version, KsirK is a multi-player network-enabled game with a
simple AI. Planned future versions will have a better AI and more
enhancements (see the web site in the distribution for details).

Features:

 * Networked i18n
 * Load and save in network mode (with password for network players)
 * IA working in network mode
 * Local and network playing;
 * List of available countries is updated and checked;
 * Player identification flag is updated.
 * No more default skin only;
 * No more crash on client disconnect;

Changelog:

 - removed the necessity to patch kdegames
 - Networked i18n
 - Load and save in network mode (with password for network players)
 - IA working in network mode
 - Local and network playing;
 - List of available countries is updated and checked;
 - Player identification flag is updated.
 - No more default skin only;
 - No more crash on client disconnect;

Links:

https://gna.org/projects/ksirk/

---
I make these announcements because I'm seek to see 20 new software packages
for GNOME, but only one for KDE at "Linux Weekly News". They obviously only
look at kde-announce@kde.org :-(