List:       kde-announce
Subject:    [kde-announce] KDE DVD Authoring Wizard 0.93
From:       Fabrice Mous <fabricemous () kde-apps ! org>
Date:       2005-08-20 7:27:43

This wizard will allow you to create a DVD from one or more DVD compatible
MPEG-2 files. All you need to do is add one or multiple files to the playlist
and answer the questions that follow. You can add a menu that will contain
animated thumbnails of the files in the playlist. Creating a menu is
optional.

Features:

 * Playlist editor
 * DVD menu with multiple pages
 * Animated thumbnails in the menu
 * Customizable menu graphics
 * Add soundtrack from OGG or MP3
 * Antialiased graphics prevent flickering on TV
 * Both Widescreen and standard 4:3 support
 * ISO DVD Image creation

Requirements:

 * Kommander >= 1.0 (part of kdewebdev >= 3.3.0)
 * ImageMagick >= 6.0
 * MJPEGTools
 * Sox
 * DVDAuthor >= 0.6
 * Recent MPlayer (>= 1.0pre4 should work)
 * Transcode

Recommended:

 * Xine (for testing the DVD)
 * K3B

The DVDs have been tested on my own ultra-cheap set-top DVD player. It works
for me, but there may be plenty of bugs left! :) Please contact me if you run
into problems.

Changes:

 * Added dependency check for 'bc'
 * Added more font search paths
 * Make sure that Bash is used to run script

Links:

Applications for your KDE-desktop  *  http://www.kde-apps.org