List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: Zypper up on stable PA4 image killed Maliit
From:       Sebastian =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=FCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-09-03 10:43:32

On Friday, August 30, 2013 17:30:01 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> Am Freitag, 30. August 2013, 17:21:35 schrieb Sebastian K=FCgler:
> > On Friday, August 30, 2013 17:15:29 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> > > Thank you. I know that. But how about the average user?
> >
> > Realistically, two questions:
> > =

> > - How much of this "average user" are there?
> =

> Hopefully soon there will be more average users. We have to tell it then
> and  should know what to tell them in time.

Sure, in the future. This thread is about the upgrade process of people =

running PA3 and wanting PA4, so has nothing to do with future users, only w=
ith =

current users. And I don't think there's a lot of average users around who =
use =

PA for production. I think people who can flash tablets will usually be abl=
e to =

use a shell for a simple rsync or scp command.

> > - What's the alternative, not mentioning that data will be lost?
> =

> The alternative could to tell them to install dolphin or install by defau=
lt =

> and tell them to do a backup with it.

- Install Dolphin
- Plugin in a mouse
- surf to fish://192.168.1.x/..

is not much easier by an order of magnitude. One could, of course, mention =

both options.

Cheers,
-- =

sebas