List:       kde-active
Subject:    Re: Task Centric Interface
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-02-05 9:26:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday, February 4, 2013 15:54:39 Wolfgang Romey wrote:
> example: as long as tagging is not really working in files and existing
> tags in media files are not read, the possibility to browse folders in
> Plasma-Mediacenter should be back.

the effort required to support "the old way" will be approximately as much as
improving the metadata systems.

and if we provide folder browsing (for example) in PMC, we'll end up having to
support it indefinitely.

given resources and future maintenance requirements, we need to continue
investing in the forward direction.

--
Aaron J. Seigo