List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Holidays in PIM
From:       John Layt <jlayt () kde ! org>
Date:       2012-01-13 10:15:51

2012/1/13 M=C4=81ris Narti=C5=A1s <maris.kde@gmail.com>

> Hello,
> as I just started to use KDE PIM, I noticed that it contains some
> holidays, still I was not able to find from where they are coming from
> as they have not passed trough localisation team. Current holidays for
> Latvia in Latvian language seem to be compiled by non-native speaker
> and contain spelling errors.
>
> 1) How is possible to fix existing errors?
> 2) Are there any plans to move holiday handling into hands of existing
> localization teams to enhance localization quality?
>

> Thanks,
> M=C4=81ris Narti=C5=A1s.
> Coordinator of Latvian team.

Hi,

I'm the maintainer of KHolidays, if there are any errors please raise a bug
report against kdepimlibs/kholidays with the details of what needs fixing
and I will sort them out.  Please do not commit changes directly as files
need to be validated and tested first otherwise a single broken file will
break the entire library.

The holiday files are not integrated into the i18n system due to historic
design reasons, simply put the files are not in English but in the local
language, to have multiple languages you need multiple files.  It is
planned at some stage to write a new library with a file design based on
XML with proper translation facilities.

John.