List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDE2 license policy
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-05 20:17:19

SamBC wrote:

> Sorry to post late, but people aren't pointing out what most of us probably
> already know, but some people (like those who even suggested revising kimp)
> don't...

This is nonsense. The QT-toolkit is free according to RMS. The only
problem is
that he is one of those people who think that GPL and QPL are
incompatible
nevertheless.

Concerning the Gimp-Port: Last time I talked to some
Gimp-core-developers they
were already preparing for Gimp 2.0 which is meant to be
toolkit-independent
and they didn't have problems with a KDE-port.

Tackat