List:       kde
Subject:    Korner: compile problems
From:       Jens Benecke <kde () pinguin ! conetix ! de>
Date:       2000-08-04 22:41:41

Hi,

as the kde-alpha list is closed, I'll try here.

I have a current CVS snapshot (from today) and configure tells me it cannot
find the file "string". (I suppose it's looking for string.h, but I don't
know where to fix it, and anyway it would be better if someone with CVS
commit access could fix it for everyone, right?). This is the error
message:

	checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
	checking for exception... yes
	checking for string... no
	configure: error: Header string not found.
	configure: error: /bin/sh /usr/src/LOCAL/kde/kdesupport/odbc/configure
	failed foError during configure!

config.log:

	configure:3059: checking for string
	configure:3069: g++ -E  conftest.C >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
	configure:3065: string: No such file or directory
	configure: failed program was:
	#line 3064 "configure"
	#include "confdefs.h"
	#include <string>

I suppose it's an easy fix, but I wouldn't know where to start =;)

--
ciao, Jens (mailaddr im Header)                 http://www.pinguin.conetix.de
"Schiebe nie etwas auf Boshaftigkeit, was           http://www.hitch-hiker.de