List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KDE vs. Debian GPL-statements (Fwd: Re: proposal of a paragraph
From:       Forge <forge () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2000-06-21 22:54:33

Irwin Kwan wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Bruce Sass wrote:
>
> > So make it Public Domain, doesn't get any more free than that.  ;)
>
> That means anyone can do anything the hell they want with it.  I'd at
> least like to know WHERE my code goes, or, at least, to be
> acknowledged as having written the code at some time or another.
>
> Hmm... the "Me License".... you can do anything you want this code as
> long as you acknowledge that I wrote the code once upon a time.
>
> That's still not a lot of reassurance.  Chances are, that license
> above isn't GNU compatible or something.  :|

Actually the downside with public domain is that you can be sued
if someone uses your code to run a nuclear plant improperly.
Paying damages for 50,000 counts of wrongful death is not fun :)

The least protection anyone but a large Government ( like the US
or Germany but not Jamaica ) should consider is the license on
XFree86.