List:       kde
Subject:    CVSup access
From:       David Grill Watson <dgwatson () kent ! edu>
Date:       2000-05-04 21:57:46

Am I the only one who has noticed that cvsup.kde.org has been getting slower
and slower?  When I first starting doing regular updates of KDE2 (2 months
ago), it was nice and fast (for a modem :).

For the last few weeks it's taken several hours to do a complete update (over
a cable connection!), and for the last several hours I've been unable to
connect, because there are too many users.

Perhaps there need to be mirrors of cvsup.kde.org?  After all, it's not a
good idea to discourage testers and developers (I've been running KDE2 for a
month or so and reporting bugs, and last night I started development on a
KDE2 program I intend to release).