List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KRASH is GREAT!
From:       Dave Leigh <dave.leigh () cratchit ! org>
Date:       2000-03-25 17:57:21

mosfet wrote:

> As far as plugins, I thought the plugins listed like flash were for
> Windows, not Unix/Linux (although I may be wrong). Konq won't support
> those ;-) Konq does have plugins for PDF, postscript, MPEG, image
> viewing, and KOffice document browsing. Some developers have expressed
> interest in support *Linux/Unix* NS plugins so that may happen, but if
> the plugin your looking for exists only on Windows your out of luck :(

Shockwave/Flash is available as a Linux plug-in as is RealPlayer... but the real
gem is Plugger (http://fredrik..hubbe.net/plugger.html), which lets you use
existing Linux apps to handle multimedia and directs it back to the browser.

Which brings to mind the next question... when you say "plugins for PDF", etc.,
do you mean that Konq will properly interpret the EMBED tag and show these
documents in the browser window as it should?  Or simply that it launches the
app?  A good way to tell is to go to the Plugger testing grounds at
(http://fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger/test.html).  You should be able to see graphics
and videos in the web pages.

--
    mailto:dave.leigh@cratchit.org