List:       kde
Subject:    Re: How about a IE clone for Linux?
From:       Kevin Forge <forge () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2000-03-22 21:58:55

Jan Knutar wrote:

> Smarter? I've never really seen any intelligence in IE, not in Netscape
> for that matter. It's off course nice when they fill in the end of an
> URL you've typed before, but that's it. What I _really_ hate is the
> intelligence of MSWord. That damn smiley (whatever) pops up at the
> wrong times asking stupid questions. Heh, I couldn't even figure out
> how to make a new document in the newest works. Kept asking stupid
> questions about what type of document I wanted, spreadsheet I clicked.
> But the program wasn't happy with that, it wanted to know more. Finally
> I gave up....
>
> What I don't want is some smart-ass electronical assistant that pops up
> when I'm typing in Word. Loses focus from the typing are too, all that
> I'm typing goes to that smart-ass so called AI...

Try vigor

Home Page
http://www.red-bean.com/~joelh/vigor/

Catagorised download listing
http://www.linuxcare.com/exec/item?item_id=7521&category_id=268

Review
http://www.linuxcare.com/viewpoints/ap-of-the-wk/03-17-00.epl

Yes it's a joke inspired by User Friendly but the app dose
actually exist and work.  Now Linux is truly user friendly
all the way down to the Paper clip :)

VI with a paperclip.  The best of both worlds. :)