List:       kde
Subject:    Re: How about a IE clone for Linux?
From:       sotl155360 <sotl155360 () earthlink ! net>
Date:       2000-03-20 4:50:39

"Timothy R. Butler" wrote:

> Frank,
>   I've been in the industry for years, so I understand how these things
> work.
I did not intend to post anything else concerning this string and had
previously stated such but personally I do not like being insulted.
Especially by an emotionalist teckie that assumes that the social and
political consequences of a course of action is determined by software
technical expertise.

As far as computer are concerned I worked with was a precursor to the
IBM360. The 360 was the first computer I wrote code for. Still hate the
replacement carts they tried for punch cards. Maybe you remember them
the ones you filled in with your magic pencil which never worked. So I
been around too.

As for the rest of what you say in the last 24 hours you have posted 11
messages all condemning anything and everybody that disagreed with your
opinion. Basically they seem to be saying that anything the software
companies do is perfectible acceptable to you and that there is nothing
they can do that does not solicit your enthusiastic support.
I disagree with that philosophy.

As far as I am concerned you are perfectly entitled to your opinion.
But it is only your opinion - nothing more.

I will suggest though, that if you are going to continue your advocacy
it may be prudent to Redmont. I believe that you will fit in very well.
I have also heard that it is cold and rainy so you may want take your
umbrella so you will not be wet all over.