List:       kde
Subject:    Re: How about a IE clone for Linux?
From:       Gordon Messmer <yinyang () eburg ! com>
Date:       2000-03-17 5:15:56

sotl155360 wrote:
> Another problem I have with Netscape is that if you are composing a
> message like the one that was a response to Roberto nice respond and
> your modem goes off line then you play hell posting the message.
> As far as I am concerned this is **$%##.

You're right.  It's way too much work.  Rather than go through all of
that, next time your connection drops switch to a different desktop.
Bring up your connection in whatever manner you normally do (I don't see
any reason why you would be required to log out), and make sure it's
up.  Switch back to your netscape desktop, and send the message.

I love multiple desktops.  I know windows lovers who pine for multiple
desktops.  (Yes I've seen the win32 software that does a similar job,
and it all sucks.)

> PS. I know it sounds like I am complaining with some of my postings as I
> am adding this postscript. I know how hard it is to do what you people
> are doing an I believe you are doing a great job.

Likewise, I sometimes worry that my advice sounds harsh and
condesending.  I really just want to help others understand things
better, and learn more as I continue on.

MSG